On Thursday, March 2, DGA hosted a webinar to explore the progress top retailers have made toward transportation decarbonization.
The transportation sector is the largest single contributor to U.S. greenhouse gas emissions. Retailers are uniquely positioned to tackle this problem head on, whether by electrifying their fleets, improving route efficiency — and encouraging their suppliers to do the same — or by installing EV charging equipment for their customers. Speakers highlighted programs like EPA SmartWay and the Ceres Corporate Electric Vehicle Alliance, and delved into the future of fleet electrification.
The webinar builds on the latest report from David Gardiner and Associates, which finds an increasing number of retailers are taking action to reduce their transportation emissions.
Speakers — Panel 1
- Erin Hiatt — Vice President, CSR, Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA)
- Denise Kearns — EPA Office of Transportation and Air Quality / EPA SmartWay
Speakers — Panel 2 (from 48:00)
- Brandon Jones — Manager, Clean Vehicles, Ceres
- Paul Carp — Senior Director of Business Development (Fleets), EVgo Fast Charging
- Adam Raphael — Head of Power & Energy Solutions, Amazon Last Mile
View a recording here.