Climate and Clean Energy Internship
David Gardiner and Associates (DGA) offers a full-time internship program to undergraduates and graduate students. This is a competitive program that seeks qualified candidates with strong interest, education, or experience in climate, sustainability, and clean and renewable energy policy. This is an unpaid internship and is intended for the educational benefit of the intern.
DGA is a strategic advisory firm focused on climate change, clean energy, and sustainability. Our clients are non-profits, corporations, and trade associations. We help our clients with strategic planning, research and analysis, and improved communications through our partnership building and advocacy. Our team integrates decades of practical experience across business sectors with diverse subject expertise and produces highly tailored and high-quality products to meet the specific needs of each client.
The intern will participate with DGA staff and principals with projects on diverse climate and energy issues such as:
- Climate change
- Renewable energy
- Corporate sustainability
- Industrial energy efficiency and Combined Heat and Power
- Electric vehicles
- Electricity markets and regulation
- An expanded and modernized electric grid
The intern will work closely with all staff and principals to gain experience by attending meetings and briefings, performing research, attending relevant seminars, writing summaries, etc. We work closely with the intern to assign projects that will increase their knowledge in energy and climate issues while supporting their strengths and interests. Interns receive in-depth experience and exposure to DGA’s expertise and clients as they work with project supervisors who provide background information, clear direction, and feedback regarding the intern’s efforts.
DGA’s Internship Program goal is for the intern to have a high-quality learning experience in a business environment which will increase their knowledge and experience, bolster their professional resume, and benefit from being a dedicated member of the DGA team and networking opportunities made available throughout the internship.
The successful intern will possess the following qualities/skills:
- Strong academic and/or work experience in climate and energy policy and sustainability and a strong interest in and thirst-for-learning-more about the field.
- Enthusiasm for the process of finding solutions to climate and energy challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and self-motivated worker; eager to ask questions
- Diligence in research and high attention to detail
- Values high-quality work and importance of deadlines
- Familiarity with the U.S. political process
- Flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
Internship dates: June 1, 2020 – August 14, 2020 (dates are flexible)
*public transportation stipend provided
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 20, 2020. Early submission is recommended as applications are reviewed as they are received.